The IQuBit digital accelerator
IQuBit (I-cube-it) is UMI³’s new accelerator aiming to inspire, invent and innovate a new generation of software, social networking and digital ventures. Acceleration is about impact, providing nascent ideas with the resources required to successfully grow an innovation-based start-up.
Who can apply for space in IQuBit?
IQuBit supports ideas for information and communication technology based products and services created by researchers, students or recent alumni connected to The University of Manchester. Ideas do not necessarily have to have any initial Intellectual Property to be considered for support, but should demonstrate clear links to the University.
What ideas do we accept?
Ideas might include web-based, mobile apps, social networking, gaming, cloud-based, software, etc. Typically these types of ideas do not require patents, research facilities, large immediate investment or proof of concept funding and can be built early on ‘lean start’ up principles.
What do we offer?
IQuBit will offer the following services free for an agreed period to qualifying entrepreneurs and founders;-
- Prestige on campus location in the UMIC Innovation Centre www.umic.co.uk alongside other world leading entrepreneurial ventures from The University of Manchester.
- Well-equipped communal start-up facilities including Broadband (wired & wireless), 50GB of secure personal space, printing & scanning, secure FTP solution, cloud based services etc.
- Tap in to a vastly experienced Advisory Panel of seasoned funders and successful tech entrepreneurs who have built and sold businesses in the past.
- Commercial mentoring – external expertise to validate early stage technology and help in shaping ideas for successful development and onward sales and business development.
- Assistance to attract in private capital, grants and other resources and talent to bring the proposal to market.
- Intellectual Property advice from UMIP (subject to status).
- Services to support business growth – accounting, legal services, sales and marketing etc.
- Regular workshops, seminars and events at IQuBit and around the city.
- Facilitated connections to the wider Manchester, regional and global tech community.
- Co-operation with other likeminded businesses to promote collaborative knowledge exchange.
What is UniPreneur? It is a FREE course that University of Manchester Alumnus, Nikolay Piryankov runs for us, alongside the Manchester Entrepreneurs Society. Hosted at the University of Manchester Innovation Centre, this course will help you to start your own business within just 3 days! This event is for University of Manchester students and graduates (up to 2 years) only. We will be streaming the event live for those unable to attend and the video will be made available post event.
To read more: click here